One area of the home to come the furthest in terms of design over the years is the outdoor living space. What was once just a place to put a simple patio furniture set and a grill are now elegantly designed spaces with dining areas fit for a restaurant and architectural features that would make the most visionary modernist architects swoon. We gathered some patio inspiration that will help you create a luxurious outside area so you can take full advantage of Palm Springs’ beautiful warm weather, all year round.
1. Boho Meets Tropical - create a fresh geo tropical look with the help of lots of tropical potted plants and vibrant accents or go that little bit extra and opt for a bold color choice for an outdoor retaining wall.
2. Al Fresco Dining - Whether it‘s every day or only for an occasion, eating outside has a special quality. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy your meals outdoors all year round consider placing your dining set under an open but covered porch. By using earthy and rustic tones and naturally aged wood elements, you won’t have to worry about the sun fading your furniture.
3. Modern Spanish Feature Wall - create a wow moment around a cozy fireplace with a Spanish inspired tiled wall. Adding art and interest to your outdoor landscaping. It will also protect your plants from potential flames on those windy nights.
4. Moroccan Au Natural - Texture, texture texture! You can never go wrong with rattan furniture and moroccan rugs. By combining multiple textures in a single hue you create a space that feels simple, modern, cozy and chic.
5. Spa Oasis - Many of the homes in Palm Springs have pools, but there is something unique and luxurious about creating a quiet little oasis in your back yard, or right off of your master suite.