Looking for the perfect dish to bring to that Memorial Day bbq? Look no further! This gazpacho is so delicious I don't even know where to begin! It's got great zesty flavors, a little spice, it's pretty darn healthy for ya AND it's chilled! You can serve it in mini glasses for gazpacho shooter appetizers or in larger bowls for a side dish!
Don't forget, tonight is our very last Local 622 live music showcase for the season at Birba! The music is from 730-9pm tonight and features the talented Phil Kaylor (he is also the man behind the tasty pastries at Cheeky's if you didn't know!) So come on by with your friends and hang out with us! Great tunes, great pizza, fresh cocktails..what could be better? Cheers! xo sarah
*read on for the recipe!
yield 4-6 people
4 heirloom tomatoes
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
1 serrano chile pepper
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 green onion, finely chopped
- In a blender combine, 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, the center of both peppers, 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove, and 1/2 serrano chile pepper, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, starting with a pinch.
- Dice 2 heirloom tomatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 serrano pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper and 1 cucumber.
- Gazpacho can be served immediately, but we prefer it chilled!
- When you are ready to serve combine garnish and gazpacho as you are serving or in pre portioned containers.
- Sprinkle with green onion.