My friends and I eat a lot of brunch. Like a lot. And eggs benny seems to be a huge crowd pleaser so I figured why not make hollandaise sauce! Here we have it served over something so simple yet so great. Toast with asparagus and avocado. This could easily be a quick and healthy lunch idea as well as for breakfast! Not to mention it is beautiful! Add some fresh cracked pepper, a few dashes of salt and you are good to go! Don't forget, tonight at Birba we have Phil & Friends playing for Local 622! It's going to be an amazing night of live acoustic music under the stars, needless to say, it is NOT to be missed! xo sarah
10 egg yolks
1/2 cup white wine
1 lb butter, clarified
1 lemon, juiced
pinch of salt
5-6 drops tabasco
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together eggs, wine and lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
- Prep for next step by bringing water in a medium sized saucepan to a simmer, making sure the saucepan is big enough to hold the bowl.
- Over medium heat, place the mixing bowl into the simmering water (do not dump contents of mixing bowl into saucepan).
- Continue whisking until the mixture starts to thicken to a creamy consistency.
- Once mixture has finished cooking, take the bowl off the heat and whisk in the butter (slowly).
- Add tabasco sauce and salt to taste.
- Use while hot and then cover and place in refrigerator to keep.