Weekend 1 of Modernism is complete! I'm definitely feeling the toll on my body, tons of walking around, a few too many cocktails, not enough sleep and a lot of sun! This kale caesar salad recipe with homemade dressing is just the thing to get you back on track and reenergized for the week ahead! It may not be revolutionary but it is definitely delicious! Throw in an avocado and it is truly "Cali-fied!" It's a great salad for a dinner party and super easy to whip up. I've always wanted to know how make my own caesar dressing and now we all do! What are your favorite additions to a traditional caesar salad to make it your own?! I love adding some chopped purple cabbage too for an extra crunch instead of croutons!
Don't forget Cheeky's Grab n Go is going to be up all week from 830 am- 7pm and has exactly what you need to keep you fueled for Modernism events! Fresh juice smoothies, salads, croissants and more! It's located next to Modernism Camp at 515 North Palm Canyon Drive! For more information, click here! xo sarah
5 garlic cloves, minced
5 egg yolks
1/2 c paremsan, grated
1/2 c lemon juice
3 anchovies, finely chopped
1 cup olive oil
1 bunch of kale
- In a mixing bowl combine garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, anchovies and a pinch of salt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while continuing to whisk.
- Wash and chop kale.
- Remove pit and cut avocado into slices.
- In a large mixing bowl combine kale and and enough caesar dressing to evenly cover kale with a thin layer of dressing.
- Garnish with avocado slices, grated parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.