Yay! It's Friday! Cheers to a few days of frivolity, freedom, friends and pancakes!!!! No matter what your plans are this weekend I imagine at some point you will be eating breakfast and when you do you should make these pancakes!! They are super easy to whip up, incredibly fluffy and so delicious! If you've never made pancakes with real buttermilk you should definitely try it and and then share the results with your friends! I hope everyone has something amazing planned to do this weekend, whether it is enjoying some much needed down time or sipping cocktails on a boat dressed in your finest 70's attire listening to the Dazed and Confused soundtrack with your bests, which is where you'll be able to find me! Cheers! xo sarah
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
4 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk (plus an extra tablespoon or so if batter is too thick)
2 large eggs, separated
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 cup fresh cooked corn or blueberries
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Pour buttermilk and milk into 2-cup pyrex measuring cup.
- Whisk in egg white, mix yolk with melted butter, then stir into milk mixture.
- Dump wet ingredients into dry ingredients all at once; whisk until just mixed.
- Meanwhile, heat griddle or large skillet over strong medium-high heat.
- Brush griddle generously with oil.
- When water splashed on surface confidently sizzles, pour batter, about 1/2 cup at once, onto griddle, making sure not to overcrowd.
- When pancake bottoms are brown and top surface starts to bubble (2-3 minutes) evenly distribute corn or blueberries, flip cakes and cook until remaining side has browned, (1-2 minutes longer).
- Re-oil skillet and repeat for the next batch of pancakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup!